Twilio sends webhooks when its app monitor triggers are fired. Opsgenie offers a Twilio integration that takes triggered notifications and turns them into meaningful and robust Opsgenie alerts. Forward these webhooks to Opsgenie to notify users via iPhone and Android push notifications, email, SMS, and phone calls, track of the alert life cycle, escalate alerts, etc.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Twilio Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Twilio alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the integration URL which includes the Opsgenie endpoint as well as the API key.
- Click Save Integration.
- On the Twilio Runtime dashboard, from left side menu choose Alert Triggers.
- Click Create New Trigger.
- Populate the "URL" field with the integration URL copied previously when saving the integration.
- Click Save.
- Alert properties are configured from the Twilio Integration / Advanced Settings page.
- Now manage Twilio API notifications at Opsgenie and leverage its full alerting functionality.
Updated almost 4 years ago