Sentry sends notifications of new alerts. With Sentry's Integration, Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts and determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert triggered by Sentry, an alert is created in Opsgenie.
- Please create an Opsgenie account, if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie Sentry Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Sentry alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API key and API URL.
- Click Save Integration.
- Our integration with Sentry supports forwarding alerts to Opsgenie via notifiers.
- Complete the following steps to define notifier:
- In Sentry, click on the Settings button top of the page.
- Click the Alerts button from the left frame.
- Select Opsgenie from Inactive Integrations.
- Paste Opsgenie API Key that you copied from Opsgenie.
- Paste Opsgenie API URL that you copied from Opsgenie.
- Click Save Changes.
- Use the Opsgenie notifier in your Alert Rules.
Updated about 3 years ago