Riemann sends alert notifications to Opsgenie API with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When a Riemann alert is resolved, the integration closes the Opsgenie alert automatically.
- When an alert is created on Riemann, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Riemann Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Riemann alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the configuration line provided for your riemann.config file which contains the API key for the integration as well.
- Click Save Integration.
Add the config line copied previously to your riemann.config file. This allows Riemann to start sending alerts to Opsgenie.
Dynamic fields (custom priority, payload, url, and headers) are not available for this integration because of being API-based integration.
Updated over 3 years ago