Opsgenie has a specific email integration with SQL Monitor. SQL Monitor sends alerts to Opsgenie with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for SQL Monitor alerts, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created in SQL Monitor, an alert is also created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- When an alert is closed in SQL Monitor, the related alert is also closed in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Red Gate SQL Monitor Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of SQL Monitor alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the integration email address to use in SQL Monitor configuration.
- Click Save Integration.
- In Red Gate SQL Monitor, click the Configuration tab.
- Under "Alerts and metrics", select Email settings.
- Paste the Integration email to the Send Emails to box.
Updated almost 4 years ago