Use Opsgenie's Prometheus Integration to forward Prometheus alerts to Opsgenie. Opsgenie determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created in Prometheus, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Prometheus Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Prometheus alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API Key.
- Click Save Integration.
- Download Alertmanager.
- Configure Alertmanager according to the instructions in Prometheus <opsgenie_config> document.
- Paste your "API Key" copied previously from the Prometheus integration to "api_key:" field of the script.
- Fill "Details", "Teams" and "Tags" fields, if desired.
- Run Alertmanager.
Check Prometheus' Opsgenie Integration document.
Updated almost 4 years ago