Opsgenie has a powerful integration with Microsoft Teams. Our integration allows Microsoft Teams users to execute actions on Opsgenie alerts within Microsoft Teams such as acknowledge, close, snooze, etc. List your alerts, integrations, policies, and more. Messages are sent to Microsoft Teams channel when an action is executed on Opsgenie alerts. The integration also supports taking actions on the Opsgenie alerts via the action buttons on the cards.
- Executing commands on Opsgenie alerts within Microsoft Teams.
- Forwarding Opsgenie alert actions to Microsoft Teams channels.
- Taking actions on Opsgenie alerts within Microsoft Teams via action buttons.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Microsoft Teams Integration page.
- Copy the setup command provided in the integration instructions.
- Download Opsgenie's Microsoft Teams application package for US from here, for EU from here.
- Click Save Integration.
- In Microsoft Teams, click on Teams section from the left menu.
- Select the team that you want to connect with Opsgenie, and click on the
... button of that team and select Manage team.
- Open Bots tab (if Developer preview is active, open Apps tab instead.)
- Click on Sideload a bot or tab (if Developer preview is active, click on Upload a custom app instead.)
If you do not see Sideload a bot or tab option, you must enable sideloading option from your Microsoft Office 365 settings. For more information see here.
- Select the package you've downloaded and click Open.
- Go to the channel of the team you want to receive Opsgenie alert action messages.
- Type @Genie and select the Genie bot as Microsoft Teams suggests.
- Paste the setup command you previously copied.
- Click Enter.
- You receive the "Integration configured successfully." response from the bot.
- From now on, you will receive the alert action messages you configured in the integration settings page within this channel.
- You can also use the bot commands without doing any further configuration within any channels of the team that you added the Genie bot.
- You can also setup the Genie bot to multiple teams in Microsoft Teams by repeating the steps above.
- Opsgenie allows customers to choose which alert actions to be forwarded to Microsoft Teams.
- By default, create, acknowledge, unacknowledge, close, add note and assign ownership actions are forwarded to Microsoft Teams.
- Add more actions or remove the actions that don't need to be forwarded.
- Forwarding Create action is mandatory.
Please make sure to verify your Opsgenie account. If your account is not verified you cannot use the Microsoft Teams Bot and the Bot does not respond any of the commands that you send.
An alternative for this step is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given above to add this integration.
- Make sure the Execute commands option is enabled in the integration settings page.
- You can use the bot commands without further configuration from the channels of the team that the Genie bot was added.
- Require Matching a User is used to force matching Microsoft Teams accounts with Opsgenie accounts.
- Associate your Microsoft Teams account to your Opsgenie account by using the @Genie connect command.
- Chat user mapping flow:
Updated almost 3 years ago