Maintenance provides the ability to enable or disable multiple policies/ integrations with a single entry. Possible use cases are:
- You want to disable multiple integrations temporarily for a limited time, to prevent alerts from being created.
- You want to schedule multiple policies to be enabled at the same time, for a particular maintenance routine.
Maintenance Policies can be found under the Policies tab on a team's dashboard, following Alert policies and Notification policies.
Team Maintenance provides the ability to enable or disable multiple alert policies/ notification policies/integrations belonging to specified team whereas Global Maintenance provides the ability to enable or disable multiple alert policies/ integrations defined globally. Possible use cases are:
- You want to disable multiple team integrations temporarily for a limited time, to prevent alerts from being created.
- You want to schedule multiple team alert/notification policies to be enabled at the same time, for a particular maintenance routine.
Team Maintenance page is located in Team page under Policies tab.
To add a maintenance entry, click "Add Maintenance". On the opening window, the following fields are populated:
- Description: Optional. You can enter a short description for the maintenance if you like, for convenience.
- Time: For example, if you select "For 5 Minutes", the maintenance will be active for 5 minutes from the time you save it by clicking the "Save" button. You can also select "Schedule" and configure a custom start and end date for the maintenance.
- Maintenance Rules: You can specify the rules to be applied. Click the plus sign to add more rules. To specify a rule, select Enable/Disable, select Integration/Policy, and then start typing the name of the integration/policy you want to enable/disable. Auto suggestions will be provided as you type. Select the correct one from the suggestions by hitting Enter key.
After populating the necessary fields, click "Save". For example, let's say you added a maintenance for 30 minutes with the rule to "disable integration Nagios". Upon saving, integration "Nagios" will be considered disabled for 30 minutes, regardless of its own configuration in the Integrations page.
There are three sections on Maintenance page. Maintenance entries that are not active yet are listed under "Planned". The ones that are currently in effect are listed in under "Current". The ones that are expired or cancelled are listed under "Past".
For example, when you add a maintenance entry for 1 hour it goes under "Current" upon saving, because it becomes active immediately.
The actions you can execute on the maintenance entries are different for Current, Plan and Past:
- Planned: You can edit and save a planned maintenance, or delete it.
- Current: You can not edit or delete a currently active maintenance, but you can cancel it or change its expiry date. Cancelling and changing the end date is explained in the following section.
- Past: You can not edit or delete a past/cancelled maintenance; you can only view it.
You can't edit a currently active maintenance, but you can cancel it by clicking on the X to the right of the maintenance. The maintenance will immediately cease to be effective and move into Past maintenance list.
You can't edit a currently active maintenance, but you can extend or shorten its expiration date. Click on the clock icon to the right of the maintenance, and from the opening window, set the new end date for the maintenance.
Updated almost 4 years ago