Use Opsgenie Kapacitor integration to send Kapacitor events to Opsgenie with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for Kapacitor events, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an event is created on Kapacitor, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to Opsgenie Kapacitor Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Kapacitor alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API Key.
- Click Save Integration.
- In the "kapacitor.conf" file, find the configuration of Opsgenie v2 event handler.
- Paste the "API Key" copied previously to the "api-key" section and paste the "API URL" to the "url" section.
- With the Opsgenie v2 event handler enabled and configured in the kapacitor.conf file, use the .opsgenie2() attribute in your TICKscripts to send alerts to Opsgenie or define an Opsgenie v2 handler that subscribes to a topic and sends published alerts to Opsgenie.
- For more information please check Kapacitor's Opsgenie v2 event handler document.
Updated about 3 years ago