Opsgenie does not support adding multiple Jira Ops integrations at the moment.
Opsgenie has an application in the Atlassian Marketplace that allows bi-directional functionality between Opsgenie and Jira Ops. Use the integration to send Jira Ops incidents events to Opsgenie with detailed information or to forward Opsgenie alerts and incidents to Jira Ops to create Jira Ops incidents. The Opsgenie add-on panel in Jira Ops displays real-time status information about the Opsgenie alert/incident alongside the issue in Jira Ops.
Opsgenie determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
The Opsgenie App for Jira supports the new Jira Ops incident management functionality, including updates to the Jira Ops incident timeline.
Opsgenie also provides a Marid solution for Jira Ops On-Premise users to send Opsgenie alerts to Jira Ops. Refer to https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/jira-via-aws-lambda-integration
Opsgenie provides 4 different flows for the Jira integration
- Creating alerts in Opsgenie for the Jira Ops incidents
- Creating incidents in Opsgenie for the Jira Ops incidents
- Creating issues in Jira Ops for the Opsgenie alerts
- Creating issues in Jira Ops for the Opsgenie incidents
- When an issue is created in Jira Ops, an alert/incident is created in Opsgenie.
- If “Jira Ops to Opsgenie” updates are enabled, actions for Jira Ops incidents are executed in Opsgenie when the chosen action is executed in Jira Ops for alerts/incidents which are created by the Jira Ops integration.
- If “Opsgenie to Jira Ops” updates are enabled, actions for Jira Ops incidents are executed in Jira Ops when the chosen action is executed in Opsgenie for alerts/incidents which are created by the Jira Ops integration.
- If the Jira Ops incidents type is a Jira Ops Incident, actions executed in Opsgenie for alerts/incidents created by the Jira Ops integration are logged in the Jira Ops Incident Timeline.
Steps to create alerts:
Alert rules automate the creation of alerts by matching the incoming data. Opsgenie uses the first matched alert rule for creation. If no alert rule applies to the received incoming data, no alert is created.
- Access the Jira Ops integration page in Opsgenie.
- Scroll down to the Alert Creation module.
- Select Create Rule.
- Choose the matching criteria (Match all alerts, one or more conditions below, or match all conditions).
- Define the conditions for which alerts are automatically created from matched criteria of Jira Ops incidents.
- Under “Then create an alert based on the following fields” customize the fields with the draggable elements to include in the Opsgenie alerts.
- Click Add.
Now, Jira incidents and issues that match the specified conditions will create an alert in Opsgenie with the specified message fields.
- When an alert/incident is created in Opsgenie, an issue is created in Jira Ops.
- If “Jira Ops to Opsgenie” updates are enabled, actions are executed in Opsgenie when the chosen action is executed in Jira Ops for alerts/incidents which have a source other than the Jira Ops integration.
- If “Opsgenie to Jira Ops” updates are enabled, actions are executed in Jira Ops when the chosen action is executed in Opsgenie for alerts/incidents which have a source other than the Jira Ops integration.
- Actions executed in Opsgenie for alerts/incidents corresponding to a Jira Ops Incident issue type are logged in the Jira Ops Incident Timeline.
The Opsgenie add-on panel in Jira Ops displays real-time status information about the Opsgenie alert/incident alongside the issue in Jira Ops.
The Opsgenie panel allows Jira Ops users to take action on the Opsgenie alert/incident using the action buttons.
Alert actions: Acknowledge, Assign, Add Note, Close
Incident actions: Add Note, Resolve, Close
Click Connect to an alerting tool on the setup screen and select Opsgenie.
Choose one of the four workflows presented on the configuration screen and click Add Integration. A new window will open for you to complete the integration setup in Opsgenie.
- Continue to Adding the Jira Integration in Opsgenie below.
After installing the Opsgenie Jira add-on and selecting one of the available flows, you are redirected to the integration page in Opsgenie.
- Specify who is notified of Jira Ops alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
- Enter the Issue Type to use in Jira when creating a Jira issue from an Opsgenie alert or incident. (For Jira Ops, use Issue Type “Incident”.)
- Enter the Project Key to use in Jira.
- When creating Jira issues for Opsgenie alerts/incidents, specify whether Jira issues should be created automatically, manually by the user, or both.
- When redirected to the Jira Ops integration page in Opsgenie, scroll down to the UPDATE section under Alert creation options. For the Opsgenie -> Jira Ops synchronization, select If “a custom action is executed on alert” from the first drop down.
- An entry field appears underneath that reads “for this custom action:”. Enter the name of the custom action here, likely something like “Create Jira issue”.
- Choose what effect that custom action will have in Jira Ops in the next dialogue box to complete the “If” statement.
- Navigate to your Integrations in Opsgenie.
- Select an integration for which alerts you want to have the “Create Jira issue” button available on.
- Toggle the settings to “Advanced”.
- Find the “Actions” field under the Alert Fields group.
- Enter the custom action name exactly as you entered it before. In this case, “Create Jira issue”.
- Save the integration. Repeat steps 5-9 for each integration for which you want to have the custom action work.
Jira Ops incident workflow is shown below. Opsgenie actions that change the incident status should follow this flow or else the action will result in a failed update to Jira Ops.
Opsgenie allows customers to define action mappings between Opsgenie actions and Jira Ops actions.
Jira Ops to Opsgenie action mappings are available for all of the integration flows. Use this action mapping to map different Jira Ops actions to different Opsgenie actions. For example, add a note to Opsgenie alert/incident, when a comment is added to the issue in Jira Ops. In order to do this, define "If a comment is added to the issue in Jira Ops, a note is added to the alert in Opsgenie.” mapping in "Jira Ops -> Opsgenie" Update Section.
Opsgenie to Jira Ops action mappings are available for all of the integration flows. Use this action mapping to map different Opsgenie actions to different Jira Ops actions. For example, add a comment to the Jira Ops issue, when the related incident is resolved in Opsgenie. In order to do this, define "If incident is resolved in Opsgenie, an comment is added to the issue in Jira Ops.” mapping in "Opsgenie -> Jira Ops" Update Section.
- A tag is added to the alert and a custom action is executed on alert" actions differ from other actions. When one of these actions is selected, an extra field appears to enter for which tags or for which custom action this mapping works.
- Enter multiple tags by separating the tags with a comma. If multiple tags are entered, the mapping works if the alert has one or more of the specified tags. Leave the tags field empty, for the mapping to work for any tag.
- If an Opsgenie action is mapped to multiple Jira Ops actions, an error occurs except for the "a tag is added to the alert" and "a custom action is executed on alert" actions. Save multiple mappings for these actions, because they differ by the given tags and the given custom action names.
The Opsgenie - Jira Ops Integration allows the status of the issue to be set to IN PROGRESS, RESOLVED, DONE, or CLOSED in Jira Ops. However, if the workflow of the project does not allow any of the transitions, the transition cannot be set using Opsgenie too.
Updates from Opsgenie to Jira Ops differ slightly from the action mappings above. Opsgenie updates the Jira Ops incident timeline automatically when actions occur in Opsgenie. Action mappings are also available to update the Status, Priority, and Assignee of the Jira Ops incident.
The Opsgenie - Jira Ops Integration allows the status of the issue to be set to NEW, CANCELLED, FIXING, or RESOLVED in Jira.
Updated about 3 years ago