Use Opsgenie's Dynatrace integration to send alerts to Opsgenie API with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created on Dynatrace, an alert is created in Opsgenie, and when the alert is resolved on Dynatrace, the alert is closed in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Use available placeholders of Dynatrace alerts to configure the alert details in Opsgenie.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie Dynatrace (V2) Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified for Dynatrace alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API URL.
- Click Save Integration.
Remember to save the integration before attempting a test run - the Dynatrace integration must be saved on the user's end before it is able to be tested.
- In Dynatrace app, open Settings > Integration > Problem Notifications.
- Click Set up notifications.
- Click Custom Integration.
- Paste to Webhook URL field.
- Populate other fields, send test notification, then save the Integration.
Updated almost 4 years ago