Track-IT sends notifications of new alerts. With Sentry's Integration, Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts and determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created in Opsgenie, a workflow is created in Track-It!.
- When users acknowledge, unacknowledge etc. an alert in Opsgenie, this action is added as a note to the related workflow in Track-It!.
- When users add a note to alerts in Opsgenie, add note info is sent to Track-It!.
- When the alert is closed in Opsgenie, the related workflow is closed in Track-It!.
OEC subscribes to alert actions in Opsgenie and reflects these actions on the Track-It! flow so that notifications are sent for Opsgenie alerts.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie Track-It! Integration page to add Track-It integration in Opsgenie.
- Copy the API key. This key is used by OEC to authenticate with Opsgenie.
- Click Save Integration.
Use Opsgenie's OEC and the Track-It script to send alert actions to Track-It! flow. This enables deployment of your own scripts/ability to modify the ones provided and execute customized actions on Zenoss.
To use the Track-It integration package, follow the steps in the sections below through the end.
- First download the Opsgenie Track-itIntegration Package.
- Extract the .zip package and move the extracted folder named Opsgenie to the path C:\opsgenie\oec
The package that you downloaded also includes OEC utility and the script that is need to be run by OEC.
- In order to learn more about how to run OEC you can refer to the Running OEC documentation.
To be able to execute actions in Track-It , OEC gets the configuration parameters from the configuration file. The configuration file can be found under /home/opsgenie/oec/conf/config.json
For create action you need to use createTrackitWorkflow.py and for other actions use actionExecutor.py scripts
In order to use this feature "Send Alert Actions To Track-It!" checkbox should be enabled in Opsgenie Track-It! Integration.
Track-It! integration API Key. Copy the API Key from the Track-It! Integration page and paste it to apiKey field in conf file.
Service name for the Track-It! server you are using. This url will be used to create a connection with your Track-It! Web server.
Username that you are using during login to your Track-It! Web server.
Password that you are using during login to your Track-It! Web server.
Updated 4 months ago