Sensu sends notifications of new events. With a Sensu Integration, Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When an alert is created on Sensu, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
1.Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's Sensu Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Sensu alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API Key.
- Click Save Integration.
Sensu Enterprise 3.0 updates the Opsgenie integration to use Opsgenie’s new v2 Alert API, necessitating a breaking change to Sensu Enterprise’s Opsgenie configuration specification.
Instructions have been updated accordingly.
- Sensu has a plugin to create and close alerts in Opsgenie.
- Install Sensu's Opsgenie Plugin.
- Configure Sensu to use Opsgenie's plugin.
- The plugin uses a json file as configuration. Escalations and teams are translated to the "responders" attribute, as shown below.
- In the configuration file, populate the "api_key" field with the API Key copied previously.
- Populate responders to add them to the created alert.
Sensu Enterprise 3.0 updates the name of the /overwrites_quiet_hours/ attribute to /overwrite_quiet_hours/. The singular form of this attribute is required to achieve the desired result of overriding alert filtering that would otherwise prevent Opsgenie from notifying recipient(s) during their configured quiet hours.
Updated 10 months ago