Sensu is a tool for monitoring servers, services, application health, and business KPIs.
Sensu can send notifications of new events. With Sensu Integration, OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, notifying them using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When an alert is created on Sensu, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
1.Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Sensu Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for Sensu alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the API Key by clicking on the copy button or selecting.
- Click on "Save Integration".
- Sensu has a plugin to create and close alerts in OpsGenie.
- Install Sensu OpsGenie Plugin
- Configure your Sensu to use OpsGenie plugin.
- Plugin uses a json file as configuration.
- In configuration file, populate customerKey field with the API Key you copied.
- You can populate recipients, teams and tags to add them to the created alert.