SPM is Sematext's app&database monitoring tool that provides Tracing and Profiling as well. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Sematext SPM.
SPM sends alert notifications to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, notifying them using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When an alert is created on SPM, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to OpsGenie Sematext SPM Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for SPM alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the API key generated for the integration. This will be used in SPM-side configuration.
- Click on "Save Integration".
- In Sematext, go to Account page.
- Select Account Integrations tab.
- Click on "WebHooks" and then click "Add new WebHook". Select "OpsGenie".
- Replace the [*apiKey] value with the API key you copied.
- Click Save.