SPM sends alert notifications to Opsgenie's API with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When an alert is created on SPM, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie Sematext SPM Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified of SPM alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API key generated for the integration to use in SPM-side configuration.
- Click Save Integration.
- In Sematext, go to the "Account" page.
- Select Account Integrations tab.
- Click on WebHooks then click Add new WebHook. Select Opsgenie.
- Replace the [*apiKey] value with the API key previously copied.
- Click Save.
Dynamic fields (custom priority, payload, url, and headers) are not available for this integration because of being API-based integration.
Updated 10 months ago