RingCentral is a publicly traded provider of cloud-based phone systems for businesses. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to RingCentral's call mechanism.
OpsGenie has an email integration with RingCentral. Using the integration, RingCentral sends alerts to OpsGenie, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for RingCentral alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration.
When a notification condition such as Missed Calls, Voicemail Messages, Received Faxes, Fax Transmission Result, Received Text Messages happens in RingCentral, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to OpsGenie's RingCentral Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for RingCentral alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Autocomplete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the email address.
- Click on Save Integration.
- In RingCentral navigate to Settings.
- From left side menu choose Messages & Notifications.
- Click on Notifications tab which is on the bottom of the form.
- Choose the notifications you want to have.
- Then paste the email address you copied in the first step to Email field in the Send notifications to tab.
- Click Save.