Riemann is a stream-based event processor that provides analytics and metrics for multiple systems. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Riemann.
Riemann sends alert notifications to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for these alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, notifying them using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
When a Riemann alert is resolved, the integration will close the OpsGenie alert automatically.
- When an alert is created on Riemann, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to OpsGenie Riemann Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for Riemann alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the configuration line provided for your riemann.config file. The configuration contains the API key for the integration as well.
- Click on "Save Integration".
Add the config line you copied to your riemann.config file. This should be sufficient for Riemann to start sending alerts to OpsGenie.