Using Redmine integration, you can forward OpsGenie alert activity to Redmine as issues. OpsGenie can create new issues in your Redmine project when an alert is created; add notes to the issue when a note is added to the alert; change the issue state when the alert is acknowledged by someone etc.
The steps below describes how to integrate OpsGenie and Redmine using OpsGenie Redmine integration plugin. Note that you may need to slightly alter these instructions depending on your distribution.
- Download OpsGenie Redmine (zip)
- Unzip opsgenie integration zip file which contains Marid package into a directory (C:\opsgenie-integration is the preferred path.)
- To install Marid as a service:
- Open a command window
- Go to marid's home directory.
- For 32 bit systems, run marid.exe -install
- For 64 bit systems, run marid_64.exe -install
Name of the service will be assigned to "OpsGenie Marid".
- Download OpsGenie Redmine (Linux RPM)
- Run following command :
rpm -i opsgenie-redmine-<your_version>.rpm
During upgrades, rpm package does not overwrite your existing configurations. It saves the new default configuration file as opsgenie-integration.conf.rpmnew. You can find more information about rpm upgrade config file handling from here.
If you want to update from version 201X-XX-XX to 2.X.X, you must add --force parameter. E.g.:
rpm -U --force opsgenie-integration-<your_version>.rpm
We suggest that you backup your configuration files before update!
- Download OpsGenie Redmine (Linux DEB)
- Run following command :
dpkg -i opsgenie-redmine-<your_version>.deb
Marid application configuration file is located in:
- For Windows: <MARID_HOME>/../conf/opsgenie-integration.conf
- For Linux: /etc/opsgenie/conf/opsgenie-integration.conf
Copy the API key from the Marid integration you've created above.
The url to the host that Redmine is running on.
The id of the Redmine project. OpsGenie will create the issues on this project.
The API access key that can be found in your Redmine account page (/my/account). Note that you need to "enable REST web service" from Redmine Administration settings.
Optional. Needed by OpsGenie for updating issues: adding notes; acknowledging or closing an issue. If you want to benefit from these functionalities, create a custom field with the name alert_id in Redmine Administration settings. Uncomment redmine.customFieldId in the configuration file and set it to the custom field's id.
Optional. OpsGenie uses the status_id to change the issue status when an alert is acknowledged at OpsGenie. Create an "Issue status" in Redmine Administration Settings to hold for acknowledged state; then set the id of the status to redmine.inProgressStatusId in the configuration file.
Optional. OpsGenie uses the status_id to change the issue status when an alert is closed at OpsGenie. Create an "Issue status" in Redmine Administration Settings to hold for closed state; then set the id of the status to redmine.closedStatusId in the configuration file.
Redmine integration package does not support SSL v1.0. If your Redmine Server has SSL v1.0, we suggest you to upgrade your SSL server.
- /etc/init.d/marid start
- /etc/init.d/marid stop
- For 32 bit : marid.exe -start / marid.exe -stop
- For 64 bit : marid_64.exe -start / marid_64.exe -stop
- Or For 32-bit & 64-bit : Start /Stop the service from Windows service control panel
For more information about Marid, you can refer to the Marid support document.