Use Opsgenie's Redmine integration to forward Opsgenie alert activity to Redmine as issues. Opsgenie creates new issues in a Redmine project when an alert is created, add notes to the issue when a note is added to the alert, and changes the issue state when the alert is acknowledged by someone etc.
The steps below describe how to integrate Opsgenie and Redmine using Opsgenie Redmine integration plugin. Note that alteration of these instructions may be necessary depending on distribution.
- Download Opsgenie Redmine (zip)
- Unzip opsgenie integration zip file which contains OEC package into a directory (C:\opsgenie-integration is the preferred path.)
- Install OEC by following steps in OEC installation page
- Download Opsgenie Redmine (Linux RPM)
- Run following command :
rpm -i opsgenie-redmine-<your_version>.rpm
During upgrades, the rpm package does not overwrite your existing configurations. It saves the new default configuration file as opsgenie-integration.conf.rpmnew. You can find more information about rpm upgrade config file handling from here.
If you want to update from version 201X-XX-XX to 2.X.X, you must add --force parameter. E.g.:
rpm -U --force opsgenie-integration-<your_version>.rpm
We suggest that you backup your configuration files before update!
- Download Opsgenie Redmine (Linux DEB)
- Run following command :
dpkg -i opsgenie-redmine-<your_version>.deb
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's OEC Integration page.
- Click Save Integration. An "API Key" is generated for the integration. This key is used by OEC to authenticate with Opsgenie.
OEC application configuration file is located in:
- For Windows: <OEC_HOME>/../conf/opsgenie-integration.conf
- For Linux: /etc/opsgenie/conf/opsgenie-integration.conf
Copy the API key from the OEC integration you've created above.
The url to the host that Redmine is running on.
The id of the Redmine project. Opsgenie creates the issues on this project.
The API access key that can be found on the Redmine account page (/my/account). Note that you need to "enable REST web service" from Redmine Administration settings.
Optional. Needed by Opsgenie for updating issues: adding notes; acknowledging or closing an issue. If you want to benefit from these functionalities, create a custom field with the name alert_id in Redmine Administration settings. Uncomment redmine.customFieldId in the configuration file and set it to the custom field's id.
Optional. Opsgenie uses the status_id to change the issue status when an alert is acknowledged at Opsgenie. Create an "Issue status" in Redmine Administration Settings to hold for acknowledged state; then set the id of the status to redmine.inProgressStatusId in the configuration file.
Optional. Opsgenie uses the status_id to change the issue status when an alert is closed at Opsgenie. Create an "Issue status" in Redmine Administration Settings to hold for closed state; then set the id of the status to redmine.closedStatusId in the configuration file.
Redmine integration package does not support SSL v1.0. If the Redmine Server has SSL v1.0, we suggest upgrading the SSL server.
Updated 11 months ago