Red Gate SQL Monitor is a web-based monitoring and alerting tool for SQL Servers. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to SQL Monitor.
OpsGenie has a specific email integration with SQL Monitor. SQL Monitor sends alerts to OpsGenie, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for SQL Monitor alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created in SQL Monitor, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- When an alert is closed in SQL Monitor, the related alert is also closed in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Red Gate SQL Monitor Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for SQL Monitor alerts using the "Recipients" field. User(s), group(s), escalations policies and on-call schedules can be specified as the alert recipients. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the integration email address by clicking on the copy button or selecting. You'll be using this email in SQL Monitor configuration.
- Click on "Save Integration"
- In Red Gate SQL Monitor, click on Configuration tab.
- Under Alerts and metrics, select Email settings.
- Paste the Integration email to the Send Emails to box.