Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit originally built at SoundCloud.
OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Prometheus.
By using OpsGenie Prometheus Integration, you can forward Prometheus alerts to OpsGenie. OpsGenie can determine the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Prometheus, an alert will be created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to OpsGenie Prometheus Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for Prometheus alerts using the "Teams" field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the API Key by clicking on the copy button or selecting.
- Click on "Save Integration".
- Download Alertmanager.
- Configure Alertmanager according to the instructions in Prometheus <opsgenie_config> document.
- Paste your "API Key" that you obtained from the Prometheus integration you created before to "api_key:" field of the script.
- You can also fill "Details", "Teams" and "Tags" fields, if you would like.
- Run Alertmanager.
You can also check Prometheus' OpsGenie Integration document.