Okta is an identity management tool. It helps IT organizations scale and secure their user base easily, across different platforms. OpsGenie supports Single Sign-On with Okta, which means your organization can easily incorporate OpsGenie into your application base in Okta and let your users securely access OpsGenie.
For general information about OpsGenie's Single Sign-On feature, refer to the Single Sign-On with OpsGenie document. This document describes the specific instructions you can use to integrate Okta with OpsGenie SSO.
To configure Single Sign-On integration between your Okta and OpsGenie accounts, go to OpsGenie SSO page, select "Okta" as provider and follow the instructions.
- In Okta, go to Admin Dashboard.
- Under Shortcuts tab from the left click Add Applications.
- Type OpsGenie to the search bar and click Add on the drop down menu.
- Paste the URL in OpsGenie SSO page into Post Back URL and click Next.
- Finish saving the app. Remember to assign the app to your users.
- Now in the opening Application page under Sign On tab, click View Setup Instructions.
- In the opening window, copy the url in the SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- In OpsGenie, paste the url into SAML 2.0 Endpoint field.
- In Okta, copy the content of *X.509 Certificate
- In OpsGenie, paste the certificate into X.509 Certificate field.
- Click Save Changes.
That's all! Now you and your users can access OpsGenie from Okta directly.