Neustar Website Performance Management(WPM) is the cloud-based platform offering real-time data and analysis, helping to remove user barriers and optimize your site. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Neustar WPM's alerting mechanism.
OpsGenie has an email integration with Neustar WPM. Using the integration, Neustar WPM sends alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Neustar WPM alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration and details of data that OpsGenie receives from Neustar WPM.
When an alert is created via alerting mechanism in Neustar WPM added to Opsgenie integration, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to OpsGenie Neustar Integration page,
- Copy the email address field for configuring Neustar WPM with this integration.
- Specify who should be notified for Neustar alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Click on "Save Integration" button.
- In Neustar Web Performance Monitoring(WPM), open Alerting Overview from the dropdown menu under Alerting section
- Click Add Create Policy button in Overview tab.
- Select "API" as Policy and click Create Policy button.
- Fill in the "Name" and "Emails" field. Paste into Emails field.
- Click Advanced button on the top of the form.
- Click Save button on the top of the form.
- Use the newly created policy in related monitors.