Microsoft Teams is a group chat software that is naturally integrated with the familiar Microsoft Office applications. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Microsoft Teams.
OpsGenie has a powerful integration with Microsoft Teams. Our integration allows Microsoft Teams users to execute actions on OpsGenie alerts within Microsoft Teams. You can acknowledge, close, snooze, etc. OpsGenie alerts. And you can list your alerts, integrations, policies, and more. Also, we send messages to Microsoft Teams channel, when an action is executed on OpsGenie alerts.
- Executing commands on OpsGenie alerts within Microsoft Teams.
- Forwarding OpsGenie alert actions to Microsoft Teams channels.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already and login to your OpsGenie account.
- Download OpsGenie's Microsoft Teams application package from here.
- In Microsoft Teams, click on Teams section from the left menu.
- Select the team that you want to connect with OpsGenie, and click on the
... button on that team and select View team.
- Open Bots tab (if Developer preview is active, open Apps tab instead.)
- Click on Sideload a bot or tab (if Developer preview is active, click on Sideload an app instead.)
If you do not see Sideload a bot or tab option, you must enable sideloading option from your Microsoft Office 365 settings. For more information see here.
- Select the package you've downloaded and click on Open.
- Click on Teams section from the left menu.
- Select the channel that you want to forward OpsGenie alert actions to, and click on the ... button on that channel and select Connectors.
- Add OpsGenie connector.
- Click Visit site to install and you will be redirected to a page for connecting Microsoft Teams.
- Click on Connect to Office 365 button and you will be directed to OpsGenie Microsoft Teams integration page.
- The integration will be automatically created. (If you are not logged into OpsGenie, you will need to log in.) In this page, you can see the default configurations of the integration. If you do not change any configuration, then you do not have to click on Save Integration since it is already saved.
- OpsGenie allows customers to choose which alert actions to be forwarded to Microsoft Teams.
- By default, we put create, acknowledge, unacknowledge, close, add note and assign ownership actions to be forwarded to Microsoft Teams.
- You can add more actions or remove the actions that you don't want to be forwarded.
- Forwarding Create action is mandatory.
Please make sure that you verified your OpsGenie account. If you don't you cannot use the Microsoft Teams Bot and the Bot does not respond any of the commands that you send.
- Go to the OpsGenie Microsoft Teams integration configuration page. You need to open Integrations page and click on the integration that you created for Microsoft Teams. Copy the API key in that page.
- Type @Genie and you will see that Microsoft Teams suggests the name of our bot. Select it and then type setup [YOUR_OPSGENIE_API_KEY] and hit enter.
- You should see "Integration configured successfully." message from our bot.
- You can now start executing commands on OpsGenie alerts in the channel.
If you want to use Genie from Chat
- Click on Chat section from the left menu.
- Click on New chat button (next to the Search bar).
- Paste 18de29f7-8984-43fa-b5e6-05294e1a12bd to the To field.
- You will see that our bot is suggested, select it.
- You can also type commands to the bot now, e.g. help, list alerts or get tinyId
- "Require Matching a User" is used to force matching Microsoft Teams accounts with OpsGenie accounts.
- You can associate your Microsoft Teams account to your OpsGenie account by using the @Genie connect command.
- Chat user mapping flow: