Allow your teams to keep context of the issues that have caused the incident, or the tasks that the responders may need to follow up after incident resolution with our new Jira Software Cloud integration. Opsgenie's new integration with Jira Software Cloud enables you to create and link your Jira Software issues with your Opsgenie incidents and alerts, directly from Opsgenie.
To use the features that our Jira Software integration provides, you would need to establish a connection between Opsgenie and Jira Software first. After connecting Opsgenie with Jira Software, you can create and link Jira Software issues to your incidents and alerts in Opsgenie. There are no additional configurations needed to enable issue linking in Opsgenie once the connection is set up.
Your account will be connected to Jira Software automatically once the prerequisites mentioned below are satisfied. You can check your connection from Settings >> Connected Apps >> Atlassian products. Choose Jira Software Cloud from the list of products.
There are some prerequisites that your account should satisfy which would establish the connection with Jira Software:
1. Your Opsgenie account should be under an Atlassian site for the integration to work. If your account does not have an Atlassian site, you should migrate your account first. While migrating your Opsgenie account, make sure you’re selecting the Atlassian site which is connected to your Jira Software account. Go to your account settings to initiate the migration process. You can learn more about migrating to an Atlassian site and what it means for you from here.
2. Your Jira Sotfware account, which you’d like to use with this integration, should be under the same Atlassian site with your Opsgenie account. Otherwise, you would not be able use the integration.
Once you satisfy the prerequisites mentioned above, your account will automatically be connected with Jira Software Cloud and you will be able to use the functionalities mentioned below.
Once the connection is established between Opsgenie and Jira Software, a new section within alert details page and incident details page will be displayed with the name Jira Software issues. You will be able to link Jira Software issues to your Opsgenie alerts and incidents from this section.
- Click Link issue to start linking issues. An inline linking component would show up right under the section.
- Select the relation type of the link from the first dropdown.
- Search for the Jira Software issue from the search box and click Link to link the searched issue to the alert/incident.
Clicking on the linked issues will open the issue details in Jira Software in a new tab. You can also remove the links by hovering over the linked issue and clicking on the remove icon.
You can also create Jira Software issues directly from Opsgenie and link the created issues to your alerts and incidents.
1. Click Create issue to start creating issues. An inline linking component would show up right under the section.
2. Select the relation type of the link from the first dropdown.
3. Select the project which the issue will be created in, and select the issue type from the issue type dropdown.
4. Write the summary of the issue and click Create and link.
4a. If the issue type has additional mandatory fields, a modal will be displayed for you to fill these mandatory fields before creating the issue.
4b. You can always navigate to the ellipsis button and click Create with all fields to create your issue by filling in more fields.
Updated 3 months ago