What does OpsGenie offer to Uptrends users?
OpsGenie has an email integration with Uptrends. Using the integration, Uptrends sends alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Uptrends alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration and details of data that OpsGenie receives from Uptrends.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Uptrends, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Uptrends Integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already.
- Go to OpsGenie Uptrends Integration page,
- Copy the email address field for configuring Uptrends with this integration.
- Specify who should be notified for Uptrends alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Click on "Save Integration" button.
Configuration in Uptrends
- In your Uptrends portal, open the Alerts drop-down menu then click on the Add Alert definition button to navigate alert creation page.
- Click on the Escalation level for configuring escalation rules.
- You can now paste the e-mail you copied from OpsGenie into the field Send to additional e-mail addresses.
- Click the save button to complete your integration set-up.