Tideways is a performance monitoring and profiling service for PHP applications. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Tideways.
What does OpsGenie offer to Tideways users?
Using OpsGenie Tideways integration, Tideways sends its alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Tideways alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Tideways, an alert will be automatically created in OpsGenie.
Add Tideways integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Tideways Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for Tideways alerts using the "Recipients" field. User(s), group(s), escalations policies and on-call schedules can be specified as the alert recipients. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the integration API key by clicking on the copy button or selecting. You'll be using this key in Tideways configuration.
- Click on "Save Integration".
Configuration on Tideways
- In Tideways, go to the Settings page of your application.
- Click "Configure Alerts".
- Select "Alert Actions" tab and click "Create Alert Action".
- Select "OpsGenie" as the action type.
- Paste the API key you copied into the "API Key" field.
- Click "Create".