StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration
StruxureWare Data Center Expert is easy to use and deploy with a user-friendly interface to monitor, manage and control the hundreds or thousands of devices a company might have from a wide range of manufacturers. These devices include equipment that provides power, cooling, security and environmental monitoring. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to StruxureWare Data Center Expert's alerting mechanism.
What does OpsGenie offer to StruxureWare Data Center Expert users?
By using OpsGenie’s StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration you can forward StruxureWare Data Center Expert alerts to OpsGenie. OpsGenie can determine the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in StruxureWare Data Center Expert, it creates an alert in OpsGenie.
Add StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to OpsGenie's StruxureWare Data Center Expert Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for StruxureWare Data Center Expert alerts using the "Teams" field. Autocomplete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the Webhook URL.
- Click on "Save Integration."
Configuration in StruxureWare Data Center Expert
- To use Send HTTP Post alert notification in StruxureWare Data Center Expert, create an Alert Action.
- Double-click the Alert Actions icon.
- Click Add... to open the Add Alert Action window.
- Select Send HTTP Post and click OK.
- Enter a name for this alert action in Alert action name.
- Select the language and territory using the Locales drop-down list.
- In Maximum Camera Pictures, enter the maximum number of available images included with the generated data.
- To include a graph of the sensor values associated with the alert in the data, check Include a graph with the alert.
- To include audio captured by the camera pod in the data, check Include a sound clip with the alert.
- To include maps showing the sensor that generated the alert action, check Include Related Maps with the Alert.
- Specify Advanced Scheduling (optional). By default, all Alert Actions are active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can specify an Alert Action to be active only when alert conditions occur during specific time ranges. To configure Advanced Scheduling:
- Click Advanced Scheduling....
- By default, all time periods are Enabled. To disable the alert action, click-and-drag to highlight the time range, and click Disable. To enable a disabled time range, click-and-drag to highlight the time range, and click Enable.
- Click OK to save the schedule and return to the Add Alert Action window.
- Check the alert Severities that apply to buttons to be activated.
- Paste the Webhook URL you copied before from OpsGenie's integration page into Target URL in the Basic tab.
- Type "OpsGenie" to the Target User ID and "123" to the Target Password in the Basic tab. In fact, you can type anything to Target User ID and Target Password fields, it doesn't have any effect on the integration.
- In the Advanced tab, enter the back-up information for the Target URL, and enter any SSL verification options in SSL Verify Options.
- Click OK to save this Alert Action.