Sql Monitor Integration
Red Gate SQL Monitor is a web-based monitoring and alerting tool for SQL Servers. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to SQL Monitor.
What does OpsGenie offer to SQL Monitor users?
OpsGenie has a specific email integration with SQL Monitor. SQL Monitor sends alerts to OpsGenie, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for SQL Monitor alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in SQL Monitor, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- When an alert is closed in SQL Monitor, the related alert is also closed in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Red Gate SQL Monitor integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie Red Gate SQL Monitor Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for SQL Monitor alerts using the "Recipients" field. User(s), group(s), escalations policies and on-call schedules can be specified as the alert recipients. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the integration email address by clicking on the copy button or selecting. You'll be using this email in SQL Monitor configuration.
- Click on "Save Integration".
Configuration on Red Gate SQL Monitor
- In Red Gate SQL Monitor, click on Configuration tab.
- Under Alerts and metrics, select Email settings.
- Paste the Integration email to the Send Emails to box.