Autotask AEM Integration
Autotask AEM is a SaaS IT management tool that provides you with complete visibility and control of all of the endpoints that you support, from servers, to desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and other networked devices. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Autotask AEM's alerting mechanism.
What does OpsGenie offer to Autotask AEM users?
OpsGenie has an email integration with Autotask AEM. Using the integration, Autotask AEM sends alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Autotask AEM alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Autotask AEM, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Autotask AEM Integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to OpsGenie's Autotask AEM Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for Autotask AEM alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Autocomplete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the email address.
- Click on Save Integration.
Configuration in Autotask AEM
- In Autotask navigate to Account > Policies.
- From policy list choose the one you want to get alerts from.
- In the opening page from Monitors tab edit the one you want to get alerts from or add a new monitor.
- After choosing the Monitor Type and setting Monitor Details up get to Response Details tab.
- Tick the checkbox saying Email the following recipients.
- Add following to the Additional Recipients
- OpsGenie to Name field and the e-mail address you copied from integration configuration page to Address field.
- Choose Text for Type and Save.
- Add following to the Subject Line.
[hostname] | [description] | [sitename] | [category] | [type] | [alert] | [os] | [lastuser] | [ipaddress]
- Click Next and finish creating monitor.
- Click Save and in the next screen click Push Changes to update policy.