Autotask is an IT Business Management Software that helps value-added resellers (VARs), management service providers (MSPs) and IT Service providers to sell, implement, deliver and bill for their services. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to Autotask's alerting mechanism.
What does OpsGenie offer to Autotask users?
OpsGenie has an email integration with Autotask. Using the integration, Autotask sends alerts to OpsGenie API, with detailed information. OpsGenie acts as a dispatcher for Autotask alerts, determining the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration and details of data that OpsGenie receives from Autotask.
Functionality of the integration
- When an alert is created in Autotask, an alert is also created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Add Autotask Integration in OpsGenie
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to OpsGenie's Autotask Integration page.
- Specify who should be notified for Autotask alerts using the "Teams" and "Recipients" fields. Autocomplete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the email address.
- Click on "Save Integration."
Configuration in Autotask
- In Autotask, navigate to Mailboxes --> Manage Rules --> Add Rule.
- From Action menu choose Create Ticket using ATES.
- In Ticket Details paste email address to To*.
- Click Add.