Opsgenie provides a powerful two-way integration with HipChat. Notifications of Opsgenie's robust alerts go right into HipChat rooms, and in turn, users acknowledge, close, or assign these alerts from the chat room as easily as entering a command like /genie ack 12 or / g ack 12.
View the account's open alert count in the HipChat glance which is updated in real-time.
Navigate the user's unacked/open/closed alerts lists from the sidebar.
View alert details on the sidebar by clicking the HipChat card or from the sidebar. Execute alert actions like acknowledge and close directly on your HipChat room without typing any command.
Add a HipChat integration in OpsGenie and OpsGenie alert notifications are automatically forwarded to the HipChat room. Execute actions on the alert just by typing a /genie or /g command, into the chat.
- Go to this link -> Add to HipChat.
- Login to HipChat.
- Select a room to install and click Continue.
- Click Approve to give access to Opsgenie's application to send notifications and view the room details.
- The add-on configuration page is opened next.
- Clicking the link in the add-on configuration page redirect to the Opsgenie integrations page where the integration is configured before it's created. Click Save Integration to create the integration.
An alternative for this step is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given above to add this integration.
- Integration is ready!
- "Require Matching a User" is used to force matching HipChat accounts with an Opsgenie account.
- Associate a HipChat account with an Opsgenie account by using the /genie connect command.
- For more information, refer to Chat User Mapping.
"Use Collapsed Messages" option is used to determine the HipChat message style.
- If this option is selected, messages are short but can be expanded to view details.
- If this option is NOT selected, messages take more space in the room but more information is available at first glance
- After installing the add-on in HipChat, configure the Opsgenie part of the integration from the HipChat glance.
- After adding the integration, or if the integration has already been configured, the number of open alerts is seen in the owner account of the integration, not the connected user's open alert count.
- Clicking on the glance will open a sidebar showing the open alerts. View the Un'Acked or closed alerts by clicking on the tabs.
- If the Require Matching User option in the HipChat integration is set to false (by default it is false), a HipChat user that has not been connected to an Opsgenie user is able to see all the alerts that the owner of the account sees and also execute commands on any alert.
- The HipChat user can choose to authenticate as an Opsgenie users by clicking Connect with Opsgenie, which will prompt the user to login to Opsgenie.
- After connecting as an OpsGenie user, the sidebar only shows the alerts that the Opsgenie user sees and actions able to be executed on those alerts.
- To enforce this behaviour, set Require Matching User to true in the integrations page of the HipChat add-on integration listed in the integrations page.
For more details about the Chat User Mapping process see the Chat User Mapping documentation page.
- If the Require Matching User option in the HipChat integration is set to true instead, a HipChat user that does not have an associated Opsgenie account has to connect to Opsgenie first to be able to see alerts and execute commands. Click the connect button to be redirected to Opsgenie to finish connecting chat and Opsgenie accounts.
- After completing the user mapping process, go back to your HipChat room and refreshing the sidebar to see the alert lists and Opsgenie username in the footer of the sidebar.
- All done! Now click on the alerts and execute commands while being authenticated as an Opsgenie user.
Easily execute actions on Opsgenie alerts by entering a command with the tinyId of the alert into a HipChat room. Note that you can execute a single command on multiple alerts.
You can create an alert, too. Use the alert command to create an alert in Opsgenie, right from your HipChat room.
Acknowledge Alert :
/genie ack [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g ack [tinyID tinyID2..]
Close Alert :
/genie close [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g close [tinyID tinyID2..]
Add Note to Alert :
/genie note [note] to [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g note [note] to [tinyID tinyID2..]
Add Tag to Alert :
/genie addtag [tag1,tag2,..] to [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g addtag [tag1,tag2,..] to [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g addtag high priority,important to 1
/genie addtag high priority,important to 1 2 3
Acknowledge All Open Alerts :
Close All Open Alerts :
Assign Alert :
/genie assign [tinyID tinyID2..] to [user]
/g assign [tinyID tinyID2..] to [user]
Take Ownership of Alert :
/genie own [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g own [tinyID tinyID2..]
Update Priority of Alert:
/genie update priority to [P1, P2, P3, P4 or P5] for [tinyID]
/g update priority to [P1, P2, P3, P4 or P5] for [tinyID]
Execute Action :
/genie exec [action] on [tinyID tinyID2..]
/g exec [action] on [tinyID tinyID2..]
Create Alert :
/genie alert [alert message] for [user team]
/g alert [alert message] for [user team]
Get Alert :
/genie get [tinyID]
/g get [tinyID]
List Alerts :
Lists all open alerts.
Lists all open alerts of specified team.
/genie list alerts of team1
List Integrations :
/genie list integrations
/g list integrations
List Policies :
/genie list policies
/g list policies
Enable Integration/Policy :
/genie enable [name]
/g enable [name]
Disable Integration/Policy :
/genie disable [name]
/g disable [name]
Take On-call :
Takes on-call for the specified amount of time for the team or schedule. Default amount of time is 1h. If no schedule/team is specified, the user takes on-call for the team's schedule, or a single schedule the user participates in.
/genie oncall [me/user] [h/m/d] for [team/schedule/all]
/g oncall [me/user] [h/m/d] for [team/schedule/all]
Sample uses are:
/genie oncall me 2h for weekend_schedule
/genie oncall [email protected] 1d for ops_team
/g oncall me 2h for all
/genie oncall me 45m
/g oncall me
Who is oncall :
Retrieves oncall user information from all schedules.
Mutes notifications for the user. Mutes for 5 minutes if not given.
/genie mute [me/username] [minutes(optional)]
/g mute [me/username] [minutes(optional)]
Clears mute setting.
/genie unmute [me/username]
/g unmute [me/username]
Connect your Opsgenie account to your chat account. If a connection exists, the currently connected Opsgenie user will be shown and you can choose to disconnect.
For more details see the Chat User Mapping documentation page.
Please note that the maximum rate Opsgenie can post messages to HipChat is subject to HipChat's API Rate Limiting.
Updated about a year ago