Users are the main actors of the OpsGenie to configure account and to respond to OpsGenie events.
Adding and Inviting New Users
Adding a New User via Users Page
- Open Users Page by selecting Users from the side menu.
- Click on the Add User button in the top left corner of the section where existing users are listed.
- Enter the e-mail address of the user in the E-mail field. Please note:
that this e-mail address will be used as the username of the user and it should
be unique across all accounts. E-mail addresses can not exceed 100
- Enter the name and surname of the user in the Name, Surname field.
- Select the role of the user from the drop-down list under Select Role. Please note: that only account owners can add another account owner. You can refer User Roles for further information about the user roles.
- If you want to add multiple users at the same time, click on the Invite More button.
- Click on the Add button to add given users and send invitation e-mails to them.
- OpsGenie will send an invitation e-mail to the e-mail address of each added user. Users are needed to accept the invitation by clicking the Activate Your Account link in the e-mail address to login into OpsGenie apps and to receive alert notifications.
- Only owners, admins and users with Edit Configuration rights can add new users or update existing ones.
Re-Sending an Invitation Email
If somehow the invitation e-mail was not reached to a user or the invitation e-mail is expired 2 days after the invitation time, you can re-send the invitation e-mail. You can re-send the invitation email for a user who is not verified by mousing over the user on the Users page and clicking the Send Invitation button which is available under the Status column.
Users can be listed via Users Page or User API. OpsGenie provides ability to use search queries to filter the users while listing them. Please note: that using a search query while listing the users is not mandatory and using an empty search query (or not using at all) means that users will not be filtered while listing them. You can refer User Search Queries for further information.
You can use the search bar in the top middle of the page to write your search query and click on the Run button or press Enter to list the users that match the given query.
If you want to save the search query that you wrote to re-use it later, you can click the Save button in the top right corner. If you click on the Save button, a modal view will be displayed to enter a name and a description to save the query. Please note: that name field is mandatory while saving a user search query.
The list of saved user-search queries will be displayed in the left side of the Users Page. OpsGenie also provides a bunch of Predefined Search Queries to be used while filtering the users. If you click a saved-search query in the list, query of the saved-search will be used immediately to list and filter the matching users. A delete button will be available when you mouse-over a configured search query and you can click this button to delete a saved search that you added before.
Updating Your Own Profile
- To update your username, you can click on the Change button that is available at the end of your Login e-mail (Username).
- Write the new e-mail address that you want to set as your new login e-mail, and click OK button.
- Click on the Change Password button in the top right corner.
- Write your old and new passwords into the related fields, and click OK button.
Editing Profile Details
- Click on the Edit Profile button in the top right corner.
- You can update the following profile details by writing into the related
- Full Name (Name, Surname)
- Skype Username
- Time Zone
- Address Line
- Zip Code
- Custom Properties
Updating Other Users
Owners, admins and users with edit configuration rights can update other users' login e-mails, profile details and roles.
- To update profile details, click the user that you want to update. You will be forwarded to the Profile page of the clicked user. You can update the login e-mail and profile details just like you're editing your own.
- To update a user's role, click on the role of the user. You can select the desired role from the drop-down list that displays all roles including the custom roles (if any).
- Only account owners and admins can update their own and other users' roles. In other words, even if a user is granted with Edit Configuration right via a custom role, s/he will not be able to manage roles.
- Account owners can manage the roles of all users. However, account admins can not manage the roles of owners.
- Only account owners can update a user's role as Owner.
- Only account owners and admins can delete users. In other words, even if a user is granted with Delete Configuration right via a custom role, s/he will not be able to delete users.
- Account owners can delete any user. However, account admins can not delete owners.
- Each account should have at least 1 owner. Therefore, you can not delete a user if s/he is the only owner of the account.