Teams are the essential configurations to divide your organization into smaller parts while setting up your organizational needs and building your incident management workflow. Integrations, schedules and escalations can be assigned to particular teams, and team segmentation within OpsGenie is based on this ability.
Authorization Constraints While Building a Team Segmented Structure
As you can remember from Configure Your Organizational Needs, account owners and account admins can access, create, modify and delete any configuration within your organization. Furthermore, an account owner/admin can also assign an existing integration, escalation or schedule to a particular team, regardless of whether the configuration is global or already assigned to another team. An account owner/admin can also convert a team-restricted configuration into global.
Team admins without account owner/admin rights can access, create, modify and delete integrations, escalations and schedules only if the configuration belongs to a team that this user is admin of. However, they cannot assign these configurations into another team and they cannot convert these configurations into global.
Team Restricted Integrations
- Any alert created via integrations that are assigned to a particular team are routed to the team that this integration is assigned to. In other words, a team restricted integration can not have any recipient or any team other than the assigned team to route the alert. Please note: that when an alert is routed to a team, routing rules of the team are used to determine which escalation or schedule should be used while adding recipient users to the alert to send notifications.
- Team restricted integrations can execute an alert action only if the alert is visible to the team that the integration is assigned to. Similarly, a team restricted API integration can only access the alerts that are visible to the assigned team, regardless of whether the retrieving request is Get Alert or List Alerts.
- Team restricted integrations can access alert recipients, notes or logs only if the alert is visible to the assigned team.
- A team restricted API integration can only access the following API domains with the following restrictions:
- Alert API
- Team API: Team should be the owner of integration.
- Escalation API: Escalation should be restricted to the same team with the integration that sends the request.
- Schedule API: Schedule should be restricted to the same team with the integration that sends the request.
- Schedule Override API: Schedule should be restricted to the same team with the integration that sends the request.
- Integration API: Target integration should be restricted to the same team with the integration that sends the request.
- An outgoing team-restricted integration can not send callbacks for an alert that is not visible to the team that the integrations is assigned to.
Team Restricted Escalations & Schedules
An escalation or schedule can be used to route an alert within routing rules of a team only if the escalation or schedule is assigned to this team. In other words, a team routing rule can not route an alert to a escalation or schedule if they are global or assigned to a different team. You can refer Teams for further information about Team Routing Rules.