OpsGenie Alerts Page
OpsGenie alerts page is the list page for all alerts that are visible or assigned to a user. You can apply filters, or execute bulk actions (close multiple alerts, ack all etc.) on the alerts page.
Clicking on an alert's message will open the details window for that alert. The user will be considered as "has seen the alert", and the alert notifications for that user will stop.
Alert actions & details page are real time, async behaviour have minor impact on user experience.
There are quick built-in filters you can easily use, placed in the top-right of the alerts page. These and what they filter are explained below:
Open : This is the default view filter. This shows the alerts that are open, or alerts that are acknowledged but not yet closed.
All : This shows all the alerts, including open, acked, and also closed alerts.
Closed : Selecting this shows only closed alerts.
Unack'ed : This shows only the alerts that are open and not yet acknowledged by anyone.
Not Seen : This shows the alerts that are open and no user has viewed or listened to their details yet.
When you click on a tag of an alert on the alerts page, it applies a filter to list the alerts that have that tag. You can perform this easy filtering also by clicking on the recipients of an alert, the owner of an alert or the teams of an alert.
Click on the "Add Filter" button on the top-right of the alerts page, and you can apply filters based on the alert attributes. This includes listing alerts with a particular tag, or alerts assigned to a specific team, etc. Clicking on the "Save" button will apply the filter and reload the alerts list. You can add multiple filters.
Owned by me
You can select the "Owned by me" filter to show only the alerts you have acknowledged.
You can use the "My alerts" filter to show only the alerts you're recipient of. This means both alerts you're directly the recipient of, and alerts assigned to your schedule, team, group or escalation.
Note that "My alerts" filter is only usable by owner or admin users.
Visibility of Alerts
Owners and admin users can see all alerts in the alerts page. Users can only see the alerts assigned to them; plus the alerts that their teams are added to.
Owners and admin users can use "My Alerts" filter to view alerts like users do.
Clicking on an alert will open the details window for that alert.
Alert details window contains the following:
- Alert properties: Alert message, Tiny ID, Source, Status, etc.
- Add Tags: You can add new tags to the alert.
- Remove Tags: You can remove tags from the alert.
- Count: The count of the alert, meaning how many times a create request has been received with the same alias. See Alert deduplication for details.
- Alert recipients: Each recipient user is listed and their actions on the alert are shown.
- Actions: You can execute the custom and built-in actions on the alert.
- Attachments: Files that are attached to the alert are shown here. You can download the attachments by clicking on their names. You can also attach new files to the alert using the Browse dialog.
- Notes: Notes that have been added to the alert are shown, with the note and the name of the user that authored it. You can also add a new note to the alert, by using "Add Note" button.
Alert Activity Log
Logs of each alert are displayed in the "Activity Log" tab of the details window. Activity logs are very useful to determine:
- which user or integration created the alert,
- the notifications that were sent for the alert,
- updates to the alert, e.g who acknowledged/closed the alert, which notes were added etc.
- which policies were run in the creation of the alert,
- possible errors that were encountered in the alert life cycle
Alerts List and New Alert Polling
Alerts are sorted by their creation date in descending order. There is a limit to the number of alerts loaded at a time. When there are many alerts to be listed, you can scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on "Load More" to load the rest of the alerts.
New Alert Polling
Alerts page performs a dynamic polling for new alerts. When a new alert is received, Alerts page shows a link on the top of the alert list with the number of new alerts that have been received. You can click on this link to load the new alerts, without the need to refresh the Alerts page.
ActionsYou can select and execute many actions on an alert on the Alerts page. Just select the action you want to take from the dropdown.
On Alerts page, you can select one or more alerts and execute actions on them. This includes all actions you can do from the details page of an alert, aside from executing custom alert actions. The advantage of the alerts page is the ability to execute these actions on multiple alerts. You can, for example, select multiple alerts and acknowledge them all with a single button.
"Ack All" button allows you to acknowledge all alerts with a single action. Upon clicking and confirming the prompt, OpsGenie starts an asynchronous process that assigns ownership of every open alert to you.
"Close All" button allows you to close all alerts with a single action. Upon clicking and confirming the prompt, OpsGenie starts an asynchronous process that closes every open alert.