API Integrations are used to access OpsGenie services, allowing you to integrate alerts, configure users, schedules, and teams on your OpsGenie account from external applications.
A Default API integration is provided in your account. This integration can be used for configuring users as well as alerts, however we recommend adding a separate API Integration for each of your monitoring systems.
Purpose of Default API integration is to have control over default features like alerts created via Forwarding & Web UI.
- Have all the features of API Integration.
- Alerts created via Web Application are processed by Default API, can be changed on "advanced" section, alerts can be modified or ignored.
- User actions acknowledge, close, and add note are processed by Default API, actions can be modified.
- Forwarding and other internal alerts are processed by Default API, alerts can be modified or ignored.
- Configuration objects can be read & write by using Default API.
- Default API integration name can not be changed.
- Default API integration can not be disabled & deleted.