ConnectWise Manage is a business management platform that integrates business-process automation, help desk, customer service, sales, marketing, project management, and business analytics of a company. OpsGenie is an alert and notification management solution that is highly complementary to ConnectWise Manage.
OpsGenie has a full bi-directional integration with ConnectWise Manage. Using the integration, an alert can be created in OpsGenie automatically when a ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage, or vice-versa. Actions can be mapped between the systems so when they are taken in either system, OpsGenie will synchronize both systems to reflect the changes.
By using OpsGenie ConnectWise Manage Integration, you can forward ConnectWise Manage tickets to OpsGenie as alerts. OpsGenie can determine the right people to notify based on on-call schedules, using email, text messages (SMS), phone calls and iOS & Android push notifications, and escalating alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed. Also you can create ConnectWise Manage tickets from OpsGenie alerts and reflect OpsGenie alert actions on ConnectWise Manage tickets.
ConnectWise Manage to OpsGenie:
- When a ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
- When a ticket is updated in ConnectWise Manage, an alert is created in OpsGenie automatically through the integration.
Note that since for ConnectWise Manage integration the ticket id is used to distinguish alerts, if the update action is performed on a ticket which is already created as an alert in OpsGenie, instead of creating a new alert, the alert count will increase.
OpsGenie to ConnectWise Manage:
- When an alert is created in OpsGenie, a ticket is created in ConnectWise Manage automatically through the integration.
- When an alert is acknowledged, escalated, etc. in OpsGenie, a note is added to the corresponding ticket in ConnectWise Manage automatically through the integration.
- If Send Alert Updates Back to ConnectWise Manage is enabled, indicated ConnectWise Manage actions will be executed on ConnectWise Manage tickets for the indicated alert actions, when the alert is created by ConnectWise Manage.
- If Create ConnectWise Manage Service Tickets for OpsGenie Alerts is enabled, indicated ConnectWise Manage actions will be executed on ConnectWise Manage tickets for the indicated alert actions for any alert which has a source other than ConnectWise Manage.
- These action mapping features are explained in detail in the Action Mapping Feature section below.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie ConnectWise Manage Integration page,
- Specify who should be notified for ConnectWise Manage alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions will be provided as you type.
- Copy the integration URL by clicking on the copy button or selecting. URL includes OpsGenie endpoint as well as the API key.
- Click on Save Integration.
1.In ConnectWise Manage, click on System from the left menu.
2.Select Setup Tables under System tab.
3.Type integrator into Table field and press Enter key.
4.Click on Integrator Login under Table column.
5.Click + sign above to add a new integrator login.
6.Type OpsGenie to Username field and type a password to Password field.
7.The password doesn't have to be the same password that you use for your ConnectWise Manage account.
8.Select All records for Access Level field.
9.Select the checkbox for Service Ticket under API Name list to enable it.
10.Paste the URL you copied in the first step from ConectWise Manage integration configuration page into the Callback URL field.
11.Select your Service Board (e.g. Professional Services).
DO NOT select Use legacy callback format option.
12.Click on Save icon on the above to save your new integrator login.
- OpsGenie allows customers to define action mappings between OpsGenie actions and ConnectWise Manage actions.
- You can use this section to map OpsGenie actions to ConnectWise Manage actions when the source of the alert is ConnectWise Manage (i.e When the alert is created by ConnectWise Manage integration.)
- You can map different OpsGenie actions to different ConnectWise Manage actions. For example, you can add an internal note to ConnectWise Manage ticket, when the alert is acknowledged. In order to do this, you should define If alert is acknowledged in OpsGenie, add it as an internal note to ticket in ConnectWise Manage. mapping in Send Alert Updates Back to ConnectWise Manage section.
- You can use this section to map OpsGenie actions to ConnectWise Manage actions when the source of the alert is NOT ConnectWise Manage (i.e When the alert is created by another integration.)
- For this purpose, you can use Create ConnectWise Manage Tickets for OpsGenie Alerts section. In order to use this functionality, you need to map one OpsGenie action to create a service ticket ConnectWise Manage action. The OpsGenie action doesn't have to be alert is created, it can be other actions as well.