Use Opsgenie’s ConnectWise Automate Integration to forward ConnectWise Automate's alerts to Opsgenie. Opsgenie determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, iOS & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
- When an alert is created in ConnectWise Automate, it creates an alert in Opsgenie.
- When the alert is closed in ConnectWise Automate, the Opsgenie alert is closed as well.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie's ConnectWise Automate (API) Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Specify who is notified for ConnectWise Automate alerts using the Teams field. Autocomplete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 3) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Copy the API Key.
- Click Save Integration.
- In ConnectWise Automate, access System > General > Import then select XML Expansion and select this script file to import.
- Navigate to Automation > Scripts > View Scripts to configure the imported script, then open theOpsgenie Alert script which is under the Software folder.
- Navigate to the Globals and Parameters tab, change apiKey's value with the API key from integration page at Opsgenie.
Optional: If you are using Opsgenie in EU, replace eu variable with "True"
- From the System > Configuration, select Dashboard > Management > Alert Templates.
- To add a new template, click New Template.
- Enter the Name of the alert template. This field is required in order to save and add alerts.
- Enter any Comments for this alert template. This field is optional.
- Click Add Alerts to add new alerts to this template.
- Select New Alert.
- Select Script for both Warning and Error from Alert Actions.
- Select Software\Opsgenie Alert as a Script Action
- Click Save.
Updated 10 months ago