OpsGenie provides a powerful integration with BMC Remedy. When a new incident is created in BMC Remedy, a corresponding OpsGenie alert is automatically created, containing rich information about the incident. OpsGenie provides rich notifications with on-call rotation, scheduling features, and alert escalations to ensure the best incident management for BMC Remedy customers.
- When an incident is created in BMC Remedyforce, an alert is created in OpsGenie.
- When an incident is updated as closed, rejected, closed/no contact, closedmail, completed in BMC Remedyforce, the alert in OpsGenie is also closed.
- When an incident is updated as accepted, assigned in BMC Remedyforce, the alert in OpsGenie is updated as acknowledged.
- Our integration with BMC Remedyforce supports forwarding incidents to OpsGenie.
- Do the following steps on your BMC Remedyforce account.
- In BMC Remedyforce, click on the Setup button top right.
- In setup page, go to Develop -> Apex Classes , on the left side of the page.
- Click New button, which is the top of the list.
- Download the opsgenieClass.apxc file. Then copy and paste to the Apex Class Page.
- Click Save.
- In setup page, go to Create -> Objects , on the left side of the page.
- Click Tasks in the Custom Objects list.
- Click New at the top of Triggers list.
- Download the opsgenieTrigger.apxt file. Then copy and paste to the Apex Trigger Page.
- Change value CUSTOMER_GENERATED_OPS_GENIE_API_KEY value of apiKey variable with API Key that is copied in OpsGenie configuration page.
- Click Save.
Which fields sent by trigger methods are mandatory?
If you added integration in Simple mode (not by editing advanced integration setting), these fields are mandatory:
The fields that are given as parameters in configuration are mandatory. If there are some fields that are not used in BMC Remedy Force system, you must remove these fields in apex trigger functions and also must not give these fields as parameters in integration configuration.