Opsgenie has an email integration with Bamboo. Use the integration to send Bamboo notifications to Opsgenie, as alerts, with detailed information. Opsgenie acts as a dispatcher for Bamboo notifications, determines the right people to notify based on on-call schedules– notifies via email, text messages (SMS), phone calls, and iPhone & Android push notifications, and escalates alerts until the alert is acknowledged or closed.
This document describes how to configure the integration and details of data that Opsgenie receives from Bamboo.
- When an event with "FAILED" or "NOT BUILT" status is created via notifications' mechanism in Bamboo, an alert is created in Opsgenie automatically through the email integration.
- When an event with "SUCCESSFUL" status is created via notifications' mechanism in Bamboo, the corresponding alert, if it exists, is closed in Opsgenie automatically through the email integration.
- When an event with "commented" status is created via notifications' mechanism in Bamboo, a note is added to the corresponding alert, if it exists, in Opsgenie automatically through the email integration.
- Please create an Opsgenie account if you haven't done so already.
- Go to Opsgenie Bamboo Integration page.
For Free and Essentials plans, you can only add the integrations from the Team Dashboards, please use the alternative instructions given below to add this integration.
- Copy the email address field for configuring Bamboo with this integration.
- Specify who is notified of Bamboo alerts using the Teams field. Auto-complete suggestions are provided as you type.
An alternative for Step 2) and Step 4) is to add the integration from the Team Dashboard of the team which will own the integration. To add an integration directly to a team, navigate to the Team Dashboard and open Integrations tab. Click Add Integration and select the integration that you would like to add.
- Click Save Integration.
- If Bamboo's SMTP is not configured to send emails, then please do so by following the instructions at Configuring Bamboo to send SMTP Email.
- After configuring Bamboo's SMTP, click All build plans under the "Build" menu on the Bamboo dashboard.
- Click the edit icon in front of the desired build plan for which to receive Opsgenie alerts.
- Access the "Notifications" tab.
- Click Add notification.
- Select the desired Event for which to receive an alert in Opsgenie.
- Select Email Address in the "Recipient type" field.
- Paste the email address copied previously from Opsgenie's integration's page into the "Email Address" field.
- Click Add to save the notification setting.
Updated 10 months ago