API Integrations are used to access OpsGenie services, allowing you to integrate alerts, configure users, schedules, and teams on your OpsGenie account from external applications.
Creating separate API Integrations for different monitoring systems make it easier to manage similar alerts together, by using different action configurations per system.
A Default API integration is provided in your account. This integration can be used for configuring users as well as alerts, however we recommend adding a separate API Integration for each of your monitoring systems.
OpsGenie has built-in integrations for many management systems that makes the integration configuration easier. Before using an API Integration, please check the existing Integrations, and feel free to suggest new integrations via the Contact Us page.
- Please create an OpsGenie account if you haven't done already
- Go to OpsGenie API Integration page
- Specify who should be notified for the alerts using the "Teams" field. Refer to Alert Notifications Flow.
- Check in "modify configuration settings" option to allow the integration to manage users, schedules, escalations ...
- Click on Save Integration Button
- An "Api Key" is generated for the integration, copy the Api Key and use in your API requests.
If the Owner of your OpsGenie account has not verified their email yet, users within your organization will not be able use API integrations.
Integration advanced settings consist of many different alert scenarios. These scenarios are called "Actions"; and they specify how and when alerts can be created, closed, acknowledged. etc. There are default actions provided by OpsGenie; but you can customize them and add as many actions of your own as you like. You can, for example, have three Create Alert actions; which means the data that comes to OpsGenie will be evaluated against these three scenarios in order; and if one of them has a match a new alert will be created.
Click "Advanced Settings" button to switch, modify actions, don't forget to save your changes.
Refer to Integrations Framework for more information.